Saturday, September 10, 2011

[PSX] Ridegear Guybrave


Publisher: Axela
Developer: Avit
Genre: Action, Beat-Em-Up
Release: July 17, 1997


One big question before I summarized this game. Why do games about robot from Japan never translated into US/Europe version? Take for example, Gundam Chronicles or Super Robot Wars, most of them, perhaps even all of them never translated. Well, maybe it is due to preferences, but still, such a waste to let those game untouched...

Well, for now, we have another old game for PSX, but at that time, I really get into playing Guybrave. Great battle, smooth control, and also multi-player-able. I search through many sites hoping to find walkthrough or something similar, but to no avail. So, don't bother ask me about the story. All I do before was just move and beat em up.

About the gameplay, it maybe is similar to 3d beat em up game such as Fighting Force. You will choose 1 out of 4 heroes at the beginning, and then moving forward while beating all the enemies. You can gain money to buy parts and modified your robot. The fun thing is when you change the weapon, the change appears on the screen and even the fighting-style is change depend on what weapon you use. This is one great feature for any game released in late 90's.

2 comments:

  1. Help me ,, im stuck ,, can't continue ,, after beach stage there's wall i cant break through ,, so what should i do??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I heard that you have to find a drill to get through the wall. I asked that question on a let's play of it on YouTube. I'm waiting for the person to tell me what shop.

      Delete